Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. . .

So much for a lazy Sunday!  I've done more laundry today than I ever thought humanly possible.  Normally, I do one load on Wednesday and one on Saturday but this week has been hectic.  What with towels, changing the bed sheets and comforter and pillow cases and a week's worth of work and home clothes, I ended up doing 7 loads.  I guess what I'm saying, is that I spent almost the entire day on household tasks.  The strange thing, however, is that I've always actually liked these types of things.  Cooking, cleaning and generally taking time for me and my home...they're oddly soothing and stress relieving.  Now that I'm undergoing treatment, I find these things even more comforting.  In some way, I'm "nesting" haha.  Making my home and my environment cleaner and more comfortable and generally taking care of 'me'.  Of course, I think it probably has a lot to do with the fact that all of these things take my mind off of this illness.  To be honest, the world of cancer is strange and confusing at first and the learning curve, steep. Whenever I find things frustrating or confusing or scary, I escape to the familiar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment