Monday, May 23, 2011

2nd oncology appointment since beginning chemotherapy. .

So today was my 2nd oncology appointment since I began the Temodar.  My bloodwork all came back very good and my amazing oncologist seems guardedly upbeat about my progress so far which is always a relief!  Having said all of that, however, today has been a bit rougher than I would have liked.  It's in the 90s here during the day and I'm discovering pretty quickly that heat and chemo/radiation therapy do not a happy camper make! haha.  But seriously, today I've felt a bit weak and more nauseated than I have in a long while. I'm sure its a passing thing but that doesn't help me in the here and now.  I've been using aloe and radioplex on my scalp in rotation and they both help tremendously.  The Zofran I'm on for nausea is a miracle worker of a drug but unfortunately, can only be taken every 8hrs and so when I was hit with a wave of nausea this afternoon at 4pm, I was too close to my evening dose to chance taking one.  I guess in summary today has been both good and bad.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment