Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The waiting game

So...here we are again.  Four months since my last MRI and today I had a scan.  I'm in that nether worldly state between having the scan and finding out if it is good news or bad news.  I've been feeling well and have now fully weaned off of my dilantin.  I've even become accustomed to a life where scans are a regular part of my life.  Its the 12 or so hours (thankfully no longer usually) between the scan and the results that still make me really nervous.  I've gotten used to almost all aspects of this thing but sometimes the waiting game still makes me nervous.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I have been following your post for close to a year. I have kept you and your family in my prayers. My brother was diagnosed with AA III in December 2011. He is a very private person and has worked his way through the chemo(still taking) and radiation. My little brother (48 yrs old) and I go with him for his MRI and wait patiently for results. The waiting is the hardest part! I am frightened by how many people are diagnosed with this horrible disease.
    I am a teacher and know that you must being making a difference in your school on a daily basis.
    Praying your MRI came back clear!

    ReplyDelete