Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time to Celebrate

Wow...what a week I've had.  Tuesday evening I had my Relay for Life Team Captain meeting at 7pm.  We're doing so well as a team and I'd like to thank those of you who have already donated. (Those who haven't may still do so by clicking on the icon at the bottom of this post.  Thanks SO much!).  Wednesday evening, I spent in an MRI tube (well about 45 minutes of it, at least).  But naturally, with this being my 3-monthly check up, the nerves and anxiety ahead of the test and then the test itself were beginning to get unbearable.  Then this morning I had my oncology follow-up.  GREAT news!  The residual tumor/ill mass is still shrinking.  In fact, this time it showed the most impressive shrinkage yet.  Previous MRIs had shown 0.3cm decreases and such.  Yesterday's showed 1.5cm decrease on way and 0.3cm decrease the other...and within the residual ill area there are pockets of fluid.  I'm SO grateful to all of you who have prayed for me or sent positive thoughts my way.  I feel like for a few weeks, I'm going to be able to lay down the luggage that goes with this journey and just take in the view.  Tonight--I celebrate.  Thanks, guys!

PLEASE DONATE!!!!! ITS SUCH A WORTHY CAUSE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment